The Code Rangers program seeks to promote healthy neighborhoods through community empowerment and action by establishing and maintaining a strong relationship between citizens’ organizations and the Fort Worth Code Compliance Department.
Trained Code Rangers participants provide reports of suspected code violations. The city then sends courtesy letters to property owners and residents regarding possible code violations in an effort to improve the appearance and safety of the neighborhood. The goals of the program are to:
- Encourage residents and property owners to maintain their homes and yards in order to preserve property values and discourage crime.
- Allow Code Enforcement Officers the opportunity to devote more time to chronic, dangerous or complicated issues affecting the neighborhood.
- Create a greater sense of community in each neighborhood by encouraging cooperation and increasing neighborhood pride.
- Make Fort Worth a cleaner, safer and more attractive place for all residents.
Become a Code Ranger
Classes are generally held on a Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 2129 W. Broadway Ave., unless otherwise noted (dates are tentative until class is filled).
Schedule of classes
- Jan. 25, 2014
- March 29, 2014
- June 28, 2014
- Sept. 13, 2014
- None scheduled at this time
Call 817-392-1234 to learn more about the Code Rangers Program or schedule a presentation for your group.
c/o Neighborhood Stability Section
2129 W. Broadway Ave.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102