The Impact Of Permanent Supportive Housing On Fort Worth Neighborhoods
Permanent supportive housing is a cornerstone of Fort Worth’s Directions Home plan. Across America, permanent supportive housing is helping to end chronic homelessness by pairing attractive, well-managed housing with professional, on-site services.
Download a study of the impact of permanent supportive housing on neighborhood property values in Fort Worth between 2000 and 2008. The report discusses design considerations, property management and strategies for neighborhood involvement. The evidence that the value of properties closest to permanent supportive housing have grown robustly and consistently with the neighborhoods in which they are situated is encouraging news for property owners who may be concerned by a proposed development.
News & Events
- Public Comment Sought on Funding Priorities for Initiatives in Support of the Directions Home Plan to End Chronic Homelessness for Program Year V (April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014)
- Multi-year trends point to success
- Homeless count shows more people moving into stable housing
Data and Reports
- Evaluation of Directions Home Supportive Housing and the Use of Critical Service Systems: Preliminary Results
- Supportive Housing: Neighborhood Impact
Homelessness Program Director
Get updates on Directions Home in your inbox